ONLINE VIA ZOOM
9.30am – 5.00pm
The course is being offered via video conferencing and we have adapted the structure and content to reflect this, including limiting the numbers of participants and offering longer breaks away from the screen. This course will provide participants with an introduction to the theory and practice of cognitive analytic therapy (CAT).
Who should attend?
This course would be of interest to mental health professionals who want to incorporate CAT concepts and tools into their therapeutic work with individuals or groups. It would also be useful for those considering whether to apply for a two year CAT Practitioner Training Course.
• To introduce course members to the theory and practice of CAT
• To understand key concepts used in CAT, including reciprocal roles, dilemmas, snags and traps and reformulation
• To explore the use of CAT tools in therapeutic practice, including the psychotherapy file, therapeutic letters, diagrams and goodbye letters
• To consider current applications of CAT in the NHS
• To look at endings in brief, time-limited therapeutic interventions through the lens of CAT theory
• To plan with participants ways in which aspects of CAT could be introduced into, or adapted for, their own clinical practice
About the course presenters
Elisabeth Mason – Elisabeth is a clinical psychologist working in the NHS and with a small private practice. She is a CAT therapist, supervisor and trainer and also trained in systemic family therapy and EMDR. She works with people struggling with their mental health and relationships who present with a broad range of difficulties and complexities, and offers CAT in individual therapy and to teams in consultation and supervision. She is part of the course team for the local CAT practitioner course.
Sarah Pratap – Sarah is a Clinical Psychologist working in the NHS with people with severe and complex mental health difficulties. Sarah is a qualified CAT practitioner and supervisor and uses CAT both with individual clients and in helping the team think about complex cases. Sarah is also trained in EMDR and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and enjoys thinking about how she can integrate this into her CAT work.
This course is offered free to employees of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, and is open to others at a cost of £150 per head.
To reserve a place, please return your completed application form to Niki Larsen by Friday 12th March 2021 ay email@example.com
This site has recently been updated to be Mobile Friendly. We are working through the pages to check everything is working properly. If you spot a problem please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it. Thank you.