This is the forty first run of this popular and well rated workshop.
I have been in private practice for ten years, and for the last three years my practice has been 100% online, delivering online therapy, supervision and training. Given the current climate I have introduced new content for the workshop programme to give you an opportunity to learn more and ask questions about running an online private practice and the online therapeutic alliance - from Dr Robert Watson, Course Presenter, Clinical Psychologist, Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapist & Supervisor, & Vice-Chair of the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy.
~ Relevant for Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, and Psychotherapists/Counsellors.
All previous participants rated the workshop as good or excellent, and rated their confidence in starting private practice as higher after attendance.
Maximum 6 participants. This is a fully interactive training session and you will able to work in pairs in breakout rooms during the day.
1. Build a narrative of confidence as a therapist in private practice, and guide you towards helpful ways of relating to your work and self-management.
2. Understand and address the issues that you will face in setting up, developing and running a successful private practice including online working and the online therapeutic relationship.
3. Learn about the practicalities of marketing and how to incorporate an evidence-based approach to marketing (afternoon session allocated for this).
4. Understand data protection and how to make your practice GDPR compliant.
5. Know how to work ethically and safely, (including risk assessment).
6. Manage the demands on the self that come from working independently.
7. Nurture a stimulating workplace for yourself.
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice i.e. obtaining work and making a living.
Participants are welcome to contact Robert Watson with any questions that arise after the workshop as he is always keen to hear how delegates have progressed with their private practice.
For more information and booking please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-to-run-a-successful-private-practice-all-you-need-to-know-tickets-111993311008
This site has recently been updated to be Mobile Friendly. We are working through the pages to check everything is working properly. If you spot a problem please email email@example.com and we'll look into it. Thank you.