The first issue of the new International Journal of Cognitive Analytic Therapy and Relational Mental Health offers a platform for the growing body of work emerging from the CAT model and relational and integrative approaches more broadly. These come from many different theoretical and clinical contexts as well as different countries and cultures. The editors hope this relational and integrative focus is reflected in the encouraging array of diverse contributions in this first issue.
?A common thread in the contents is a relational conceptualisation of individual and systemic mental health problems, its implications for more ‘joined-up’ ways of working, and for treatment provision.
Contents of the inaugural issue
· Foreword by the late Anthony Ryle
· Editorial - Steve Potter, Ian Kerr, Katri Kanninen
· The Affectionate, Intersubjective Intelligence of the Infant and Its Innate Motives for Relational Mental Health - Colwyn Trevarthen
· Working with Refugees - A CAT-Based Relational Perspective - Fritha Melville, Jennifer O’Brien
· Psychotherapy for borderline personality disorder - Elon Gersh et al
· If I work with the mother will the child get better?- Marie-Anne Bernardy-Arbuz
· CAT within a school system - Siobain Bonfield, Lee Crothers
· A relational approach to young people’s mental health - Nick Barnes
· ‘Map and Talk’: A CAT Approach in a Forensic Setting - Nicola Kemp, Alison Bickerdike, Clare Bingham.
· Reducing Anxiety and Depression in Older Adults - Tamsin Williams, Sarah Craven-Staines
To buy your copy please email email@example.com
Prices including postage: ??
International Cognitive Analytic Therapy Association (ICATA)
192 pages ISSN 2059-9919
?To download a flyer publicising the journal visit ?http://internationalcat.org/journal/
Published by Alison Marfell on 28th Mar 2017
Alison Marfell - published 4th Jul 2023
Alison Marfell - published 6th Oct 2023
Alison Marfell - published 4th Aug 2020
Alison Marfell - published 19th Aug 2020
Alison Marfell - published 2nd Aug 2022
This site has recently been updated to be Mobile Friendly. We are working through the pages to check everything is working properly. If you spot a problem please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it. Thank you.